Effective date April 10, 2017.
2016 window translators may be moved again.
The FCC has announced July 26 as the opening date for the first window for new FM translator applications for AM stations.
LED tower lights can save money on power, but many are invisible to the Night Vision Goggles used by the Coast Guard, civilian operators like Medevac helicopters, and the military.
Save some birds, save a little money - but only if your tower is at least 450' tall.
In its Rural Radio proceeding (MB Docket 09-52), the FCC placed new limitations on community changes. A recent release clarifies some of this.
Want to change your station's community in order to do an upgrade? You must read this.
Many FM broadcasters may benefit from the ongoing downgrades of under-height Class C stations.
With the digital conversion of broadcast television, many stations in the NCE reserved band below 92 MHz may upgrade their facilities.
New power to visualize FM upgrade potential.
The FCC now allows two-step minor-change upgrades and relocations.
- AM station owners:
- Frequency search
- Sortable list of eligible translators within 250 miles with contact info
- FM translator owners:
- Sortable list of AM stations within 250 miles with contact info
- Station upgrades and other improvements
- Multiple ownership studies
- Urbanized area "Tuck" studies
- 307b "Fair Distribution" studies
- International allocations and coordination
- FM Translator relocations for AM and FM stations
- FM Translator interference analysis and remediation
- Coverage maps
- FCC Contours
- Terrain-aware mapping
- Interference-limited contours
- Group coverage maps
- Comparative analysis
- Maps, population counts, and demographics
- Competitive analysis
- Comparisons of potential sites
- Comparisons of upgrade vs current situation
- Advertiser locations
- Donor locations
- Custom maps
- Prepurchase inspections
- FCC compliance reports
- FCC research
- Forensic analysis of signal problems
- General technical consulting
Skywaves Consulting LLC
PO Box 4
Millbury, MA 01527-0004